Friday, March 18, 2011

Nothing But Concern..

After hearing about Etsy.com releasing buyers history and real names it has me questioning if I should continue to use their site to host my shop, Psyche Minerals. I was contemplating just moving everything over to artfire or maybe making my  own site somehow but I'm not 100% sure yet what I'm going to do. Not only am I concerned for my privacy, but the privacy of my buyers, people in my circle, . .etc . .

Up until now I have had nothing but love for etsy, and everything on there. I have found such wonderful shops, and people who make the most wonderful jewelry, mineral make up, and such. I guess I just kind of feel betrayed by Etsy, and what they were supposed to stand for. Everyone there is either someone who makes their own product, sells vintage items, supplies or someone who buys handmade, vintage, or supply items.

Here's a link to OHWTO in regards to what has been going on; http://ohwto.blogspot.com/2011/03/stop-that.html

What do you all think of this?

No comments: