Saturday, April 17, 2010

TARTE: A Review

I'd have to say out of the eight products I tried three were a plus, three were negative, and two I was on the fence. The items I tried were their Clean Slate Primer, Cheek Stain, Lip Stain, Natural Eye Primer, Lock & Roll Creaseless Eyeshadow Duo, EmphasEYES Liner, MultiplEYE Mascara, and Vitamin Infused Lip Gloss.

* Clean Slate Primer - This primer feels very silicone like which I'm not a big fan of. I prefer the more water based ones. It does do a decent job of keeping my foundation (Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation I'm Fair) looking fresh all day. It did have minimal wear from what I could tell. Another thing is it felt itchy on my skin after my foundation was put on. I don't know if this only happens with mineral foundation, or liquid as well ( I try not to wear liquid foundation ) Over all all I'd give it a three out of five.

*Cheek Stain - I used their Natural colored one. I could barely see it on my skin!! I'm not a big fan of this one at ALL. I've never used a cheek stair before, but if all turn out like this I don't think it'll be something I'll buy again. I used a duo fober stippling brush to apply Y sephora's one ), and I think more got on the brush than my cheeks!! I'd give it a two out of five...

*Lip Stain - Off the top of my head I cany remember what color I tried. Honestly my lip stain was more like a gloss. It didn't stain at all! The color was decent ( I believe it was a neutral shade), but again it isnt't something I think I'd buy again. I'd give it a two out of five...

*Natural Eye Primer - This is one of the items I'm neutral on because it's just like every other primer I've used. My shadows lasts all day so that's a plus. I'd just rather stick with Too Faced Shadow Insurance! This one gets three out of five

Lock & Roll Creaseless Eyeshadow Duo - This is a awesome item. I do use a primer under it. This application of the powder side is a little iffy though. I always tap it on a small tapered brush. For the cream shadow side I use a stiff brush to blend it after putting it on with Tarte's brush. This item gets a four out of five.

EmphasEYES Liner - this liner is really creamy, and I really enjoy it. Except the liner does break often when applying. It would be better if I ould retact it after applying it ( it would break when putting the cap back on). It only lasted two hours after needing to reapply so I found that annoying. This items gets a three out of five

 MultiplEYE Mascara - I found the way it looks on my similar to Covergirl's Last Blast Volume. It's a nice mascara that looks fresh for about four hours. No clumping which I like!! I liked this item so I gives it a four out of five

Vitamin Infused Lip Gloss - This is the other item I'm neutral about. I like the way it feels on my lips, but there wasn't much color. Also I'm not a big fan of glitter in my gloss!! So this one gets three out of five.

Please send any questions, comments, and/or responses to my email at or post it under the comments section.

No comments: