Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sephora Haul + Reviews

Here is a list of what I recently purchased from Sephora.com

I've included the information found on the website for each product including their claimes, ingredients, .. etc..

Amazonian Clay Discovery Set ($103 Value)
What it is:
A Beauty Insider exclusive, limited-edition five-piece set featuring Tarte's Amazonian clay products.

What it does:
This amazing collection will help you discover the benefits of Tarte's biggest beauty breakthrough, Amazonian clay. This clay intuitively identifies your skin concerns and balances them. Whether oily, dry, or combination, your skin will be neutralized so your makeup will wear better, longer, and truer. Infused with natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River, this abundant assortment of nutrient-rich and intuitive products has been specially designed to let you enjoy the amazing good-for-you skincare benefits of nature's most perfect ingredient while you try deluxe and full-size products in universal shades at a tremendous value. This multi-tasking kit includes Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Adored, Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder to a achieve a flawlessly matte finish to any complexion, emphasEYES™ Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in black for high definition eyes, Amazonian Clay Shadow Stick in bronze for one-step shadow, and as an added bonus, a deluxe size of Tarte's award-winning and bestselling Lights, Camera, Lashes! Clinically-Proven Natural Mascara for an amazing 424% increase in the appearance of lash volume and 90.2% increase in the appearance of lash curl. All products come tucked away in a chic, reusable makeup bag so you can take your must-haves and newest favorites to go.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

This set contains:
- 0.05 oz emphasEYES™ Amazonian Clay Shadow Stick in Bronze (bronze sheen)
- 0.1 oz Lights, Camera, Lashes! Clinically-Proven Natural Mascara in Black
- 0.2 oz Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Adored (shimmering light pink)
- 0.07 oz Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder (translucent)
- 0.08 oz emphasEYES™ Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Black (matte black)
- Zip Pouch

What else you need to know:
Amazonian clay is nature's most perfect ingredient because it is completely intuitive and skin-balancing for all skin types. So whether your skin is oily, dry, or combination, Amazonian clay will respond to your specific skin concerns and neutralize for better, longer, and truer wear!

Research results:
- Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara: clinically-proven to increase the appearance of lash volume by 424% and increase the appearance of lash curl by 90.2%

----------------------------------------

Smooth Operator™ Amazonian Clay Illuminating Serum
What it is:
An illuminating serum fortified with Amazonian clay.

What it does:
Ideal for all skin types, this natural skin brightener is infused with Amazonian clay, vitamins, and tea extract to moisturize and replenish the skin. This healing clay completely neutralizes any negative skin condition so that you are left with a healthy, radiant complexion.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
Oily skin? Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place. Dry skin? This nourishing clay hydrates skin naturally to restore moisture so your makeup wears better, longer and truer.

----------------------------------------

At Ease™ Micronized Clay Calming Concealer with ARPM™
What it is:
A corrective yellow cream and powder concealer that reduces redness associated with rosacea and sun exposure by 50% in just 4 weeks.

What it does:
This neutralizing yellow concealer is infused with a proprietary ARPM™ (anti-redness peptide matrix) to regulate and decrease the secretion of a pro-inflammatory protein that causes redness and inflammation, which effectively reduces both. The skin-saving, High-Performance Natural™ concealer combines with the antioxidant properties of tea, the calming properties of aloe leaf, and the soothing quality of honey. The neutralizing yellow setting powder adds an extra skin-calming layer, infused with the skin perfecting Amazonian clay, nature's most perfect ingredient. This acts as a total skin balancer by reducing dryness and flakiness, improving clarity and texture, and removing surface oil to mattify the skin for a soft focus and flawless finish; all while replenishing and rehydrating skin.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrance
- Synthetic Dye
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
In addition to Amazonian clay, At Ease™ Micronized Clay Calming Concealer contains ARPM™, an anti-redness peptide matrix that is clinically proven to reduce redness associated with rosacea and sun exposure by 50% in just 4 weeks, camellia tea, which is a powerful astringent with toning properties that help reduce puffiness and inflammation, honey extract to help reduce inflammation and aide in tissue healing, and aloe leaf extract, which is widely known for its soothing, healing, and antiseptic properties that help maintain moisture balance in the skin.

Research Results:
ARPM™: 50% reduction in redness associated with rosacea and sun exposure in just 4 weeks

Size: 0.207 oz

----------------------------------------

On to the reviews for each...

The Clay discovery kit was just alright... The setting powder I haven't used yet. The blush had silver glitter which I found to by annoying, but the color of the blush, Adore,  itself was nice. I do have that Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed which I LOVE. The mascara was just alright. Nothing special. It didn't separate my lashes well even with my Hard Candy primer. I prefer CoverGirl's Last Blast over this any day of the week. The  Amazonian Clay liner is great. I love the feel of it going on as it does not tug on the skin. It's a beautiful black that's great for added drama. It doesn't flake after a while, and lasts all day. The Amazonian Clay Shadow Stick in Bronze is amazing. I LOVE love love this.I'm actually wearing it today (again) and it lasts all day. No creasing, no flaking, and no fading occured each time I've worn it. It's a beautiful color for a subtle brown smokey eye just by itself. It applies wonderfully smooth with no tugging which is a plus :)

The only items I would purchase again would be the liner and shadow stick. I love the blushes, but not the color. I'm not a fan of glitter all over my face.. it's not for me. I am not a fan of finishing powders either. I'm fine with just my mineral foundation and a little spritz of Fix +

The Amazonian Clay Illuminating Serum didn't really work for me. It suggests to use a little bit mixed in with your foundation, but seeing as I use mineral foundation it would't work that well. So I decided to add it to my primer. It didn't do anything used like that, and it also didn't work using over my primer before my foundation. It also made my skin feel tight and itchy after a while. I don't know if I could recommend this to anyone, but I'd suggest giving it a try of you were interested.

The Micronized Clay Calming Concealer was interesting. Being yellow I though it would look weird, but it actually appeared quite natural after it was buffed in. This system has a clay (normal) concealer type, and then the powder to set it. It didn't crease after several which most concealers so on me when placed under my eye. If you have dark under eye circles I don't know how it would turn out for you. I don't have horrible ones, just barely noticeable ones. I think it would do well for blemishe or red areas on the face. I only used it under my eye, but will try a little on my cheeks at a later date. It states it's for redness so I would assume it would be just fine, but again with my using mineral foundation we'll see.

Have you tried anything from their Amazonian Clay line??

No comments: