Thursday, February 25, 2010

Benefit's Velvet Eyeshadows

Today was the first time I ever used Benefit's Velvet Eyeshadows. They are a very soft texture. While I enjoy the texture, and the colors when I swatched them, I'm not too fond of how they look on me. I was hoping the darker one would show up more pigmented to add more depth (mermaid). The lighter color shamrocker is nice, but I feel I have to layer the shadow up to get the desired color/effect. I also own Fancy Pansy which I haven't tried out yet. Their staying power is nice, but at least when it comes to Mermaid I wish I could get it darker in the crease. It could be my base I use. I prefer Too Faced Shadow Insurance since I work most of the time, and I want a light (weight wise) base. Not something heavy like a cream shadow or a paint pot. So as of now I'm not too crazy about them, and at $18 I'd rather go with MAC or Bare Escentuals.

Have you used them before? What's your take on them?

Please send any questions, comments, and/or responses to my email at molly.memorymakers@yahoo.com or post it under the comments section.

No comments: