Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking into making lipglosses. What's a universally pleasing flavor oil to add?

I was wondering what you, the readers, that would be a universally acceptable flavor oil to add to a lipgloss. I was looking into making lipglosses, and a flavor oil was suggested to add to the mix. I could just leave this out if it suggested. Right now I am looking to make a vegan lipgloss so that anyone could purchase it. Flavors I was looking at were brown sugar, peppermint/wintermint, lychee, vanilla, or a fruit flavored one. I didn't want o stray into a coffee or rum flavored one . . well not just yet, lol.

I'd love to hear from you all!! I'm already in the process of buying the main ingredients such as a vegan wax, coconut oil, avocado or almond oil, vitamin E oil, etc. . .

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

To take a look at all the options I have visit etsy.com/shop/SaharasSupplies


Please send any questions, comments, and/or responses to my email at molly.memorymakers@yahoo.com or post it under the comments section.

7 comments:

Mai said...

I think most people are used to vanilla so that's a good option although I like mint flavored lipglosses.

I personally love Lychee but I don't know if most people know of lychee enough to want it as a flavor

Lindsey said...

Brown sugar sounds amazing.

Molly Dermer said...

@Mai I thought of vanilla probably of how common it is. I do love lychee myself, lol.

@Lindzebra Brown sugar does sound great. My sugar scrubs are made with brown sugar, yum.

The Student's Guide To Nail Polish said...

Brown sugar sounds like win, I agree. Vanilla would be the most generic, I guess, but perhaps you could set yourself apart from the rest by offering flavour oil customisation options? I don't know, just an idea.

Have a happy New Year!

Phyrra said...

I like Vanilla, peppermint, lychee, chocolate.

Molly Dermer said...

@the students guide: I'd love to come up with something different, but not too strange because that might scare people off.

@Phyrra I love peppermint as long as it doesn't burn my lips. Lychee is really great though :)

Molly Dermer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.