Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oh . . . A Review - Korres Primer

I must say that I've used Korres products before, and it's usually 50/50 on liking them or not. This review is solely based on my experience with their face primer. This primer is water based and silicone free.

The ingredients in this primer are the following:

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

This primer is formulated without any parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances/dyes, mineral oils, petrochemicals, phthalates, gmos, and as I said before silicone.

It has a pleasant fragrance to it, and to me it smells like lemons. . yum!! It feels great going on, and seems to set quickly. It is white, but does seem to go on clear, and definitely sets clear.

When I used it with a liquid foundation, Korres Ginger and Vitamin foundation, it applied nicely but I'm seemed slightly streaky. I don't know if that is caused by using a liquid foundation of the combination of that particular foundation with that particular primer. When I used the primer under a mineral loose powder foundation, Pink Quartz, it worked wonders! The foundation went on like a dream.

My foundation lasted all day, and after 8 hours I think I looked just fine, lol. I do have red/pink undertones so the coverage I'm able to get with the combination of products is great.

I have to say I really love this primer. I love is enough that I went out to buy a backup . . I don't know why I'm just weird like that. I hope you all get a chance to try this. It's quite wonderful!

Have you used this before? What do you think?

Please send any questions, comments, and/or responses to my email at molly.memorymakers@yahoo.com or post it under the comments section.

No comments: