Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oops again..

I made an oops again last night..

Well I tried to make a facial mask last night when I got off of work, and I followed a recipe that was inside my "Idiot's Guide to Making Natural Beauty Products". It came out too dry, the dry ingredients being bentonite clay and coconut milk powder, so I added more carrier (peach kernel and grapeseed oil), and esentual oils and other products (evening primrose, aloe vera, vitamin e, and glycerin I think's that was all of it). Some how my little mask would not apply right. It was patchy and separated (I'm assuming from the oils).

I made two different ones, one for my face (grapeseed oil based) and one for my chest (peach kernel based) The primrose, aloe vera, glycerin, and vitamin e were put into the one for my chest.The one for my face had aloe vera, vitamin e, and glycerin.

Anyways something I though would be easy and painless was not. I want to give it another try, but I'm afraid it'll turn out useless. I do not want to end up wasting more clay and powdered milk..

Any ideas?

No comments: