Monday, January 10, 2011

Quick Review of 5 Different Products from Sephora

When I get home from work tonight (this morning) I was greeted by two Sephora packages. The items from my recent purchases I will be reviewing in depth in my next several posts are:

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm
Korres Ginger & Vitamins Foundation
Korres Vitamin E Primer
Korres Liquid Lipstick
Too Faced Glitter Glue

-Quick Review-

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm

As soon as I put this on my lips felt instantly better. It didn't wear off quickly like some balms do, and it didn't feel greasy either. So far after like an hour or so of having it on I LOVE IT! The chapped parts of my lips don't feel like I need to pick them off, lol.

Korres Ginger & Vitamins Founation

This is a light weight foundation that has the feel of a tinted moisturizer. It doesn't call it a tinted moisturizer though on the box or container. It's merely called a foundation. I got this in LF3 which is too yellow for my MAC NW15/NW25 and Bare Escentuals Matte Fairly Light complexion. I read somewhere that the believed that the odd numbers were for people with more pinkish undertones. I guess not . . well not for me at least. It went on easily, and felt like I wasn't wearing any makeup at all. Unfortunately I need more coverage. maybe it was because the shade wasn't right for me, but I don't know for sure. There was no distinct smell from what I could tell. As soon as I get the right shade, if there is one for me, I'll do a more in depth review.

Korres Vitamin E Primer

This primer really seems like it has the making to be a great primer for people who prefer water based primers free of silicone. It smelled really lemony, but not overwhelmingly so. It felt good going on, and appeared to make a nice smooth canvas for my foundation. It comes out white, but goes on clear like a moisturizer.

Korres Liquid Lipstick

I got the gift set which came with three different colors. The colors were berry 28 (muted raspberry), soft pink 13 (light neutral pink), and red 56 (vibrant red). These were actually all very nice colors that didn't look too harsh on my complexion. They felt good going on, and didn't have a strong smell to them if any. The red did pull a little fushia on my lips just slightly. It definitely was not vibrant red on my at all.

Too Faced Glitter Glue

The absolute only reason I bought this was because some time in the last week (i believe) while I was pursing twitter Fyrinnae_@2nd tweeted that Too Faced was trying to come out with their own version of Pixie Epoxy. (The last sentence was not verbatim)
I did try it out on the back of my hand without putting a shadow on it, and it feels nothing like PE. TFGG comes out white maybe leaning a little pink (it may have been my lighting) and it does not feel anywhere near as tacky (sticky) as PE does nor does it feel as tacky on the skin after it has been applied. After I've used TFGG a couple times I'll do a more in depth review.

Have any of you tried these products out? If so I would love to hear from you!


Please send any questions, comments, and/or responses to my email at molly.memorymakers@yahoo.com or post it under the comments section.

No comments: